Praise the Lord!

God gave me this scripture a few weeks ago.

Psalm 37

23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

25 I have been young, and now am old;
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,
Nor his descendants begging bread.

I am in awe of my Lord. It was just a few weeks ago that I flipped open a devotional that I had received from a homeschooling mom and God spoke immediately to me through the testimony and the scripture. Psalm 37 has so many promises for me at this time in my life and verse 5 has been a scripture that I have stood on for my husband Shannon for years and he accepted Jesus Christ in October.

This chapter in Psalms is jam packed with testimonies for me and with specific things that I am standing on for my life and my family.

Friday I was picking up food for a couple of churches that I help with a food ministry. When I came home I grabbed some of the bread out because we had been on a severely tight budget this week. When Shannon, my husband, came home from work he had brought bagels and scones that were left over. I smiled and said,"I have not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his descendants begging bread. We have plenty of bread!"

God is sooo faithful.

I shared with another parent at the soccer game Saturday morning how God had met our need in the area of making our mortgage payment on time and that we had $20 for groceries that week. I again referred to Psalm 37:25 I was ecstatic about what God had done and that I still had $20 for food! Praise the Lord!!!!!

In the afternoon there was another soccer game that I did not attend but Shannon took Elijah. When they returned home Shannon insisted that I come outside. He opened the back door to our car and it was filled with grocery bags!

I was overwhelmed by my Lord! Wow!

God is so amazingly loving and even when I thought He had met our need He did exceedingly more than I could ask or think!

Ephesians 3:19-21 is another scripture that I have stood on many times.

19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

I am truly filled with His fullness today!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed