Psalm 38 ~ Day 6!

Today Caleb chose a specific verse and I am not sure really how to deal with it out of context but I love that he is getting specific and listening intently and digesting as best as his little spirit can, the word of God.

I know that as with Shannon, in church and listening to bluegrass songs, that were steeped in the word that it does not matter if his spirit deciphers the content because God promises that his word will not return to Him void. Like a boomerang! It goes out and comes back to him but when it is coming back it has actually accomplished something even if it knocks someone off their feet!

Isaiah 55:11
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

The word is prospering in my sweet Caleb. It was not that long ago that he was causing me a great deal of frustration and now it is joy! Someone said to me tonight just that. "Your house must be full of a lot of joy." Praise God! He has done it! It is according to His word! I am so blessed that people perceive what God has done!

Man, that is soooo heavy. So I would encourage you to ask God to prove Himself and His promises to you and sit back expecting because I am here to say, WOW!

So I guess I should address the Psalm of the day......ehh?

1 O LORD, do not rebuke me in Your wrath,
Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure!
2 For Your arrows pierce me deeply,
And Your hand presses me down.

3 There is no soundness in my flesh
Because of Your anger,
Nor any health in my bones
Because of my sin.
4 For my iniquities have gone over my head;
Like a heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
5 My wounds are foul and festering
Because of my foolishness.

6 I am troubled, I am bowed down greatly;
I go mourning all the day long.
7 For my loins are full of inflammation,
And there is no soundness in my flesh.
8 I am feeble and severely broken;
I groan because of the turmoil of my heart.

9 Lord, all my desire is before You;
And my sighing is not hidden from You.
10 My heart pants, my strength fails me;
As for the light of my eyes, it also has gone from me.

11 My loved ones and my friends stand aloof from my plague,
And my relatives stand afar off.
12 Those also who seek my life lay snares for me;
Those who seek my hurt speak of destruction,
And plan deception all the day long.

13 But I, like a deaf man, do not hear;
And I am like a mute who does not open his mouth.
14 Thus I am like a man who does not hear,
And in whose mouth is no response.

15 For in You, O LORD, I hope;
You will hear, O Lord my God.
16 For I said, “Hear me, lest they rejoice over me,
Lest, when my foot slips, they exalt themselves against me.”

17 For I am ready to fall,
And my sorrow is continually before me.
18 For I will declare my iniquity;
I will be in anguish over my sin.
19 But my enemies are vigorous, and they are strong;
And those who hate me wrongfully have multiplied.
20 Those also who render evil for good,
They are my adversaries, because I follow what is good.

21 Do not forsake me, O LORD;
O my God, be not far from me!
22 Make haste to help me,
O Lord, my salvation!

David is a mess and I can relate to this on a personal level. We cannot do it without Jesus and I love what David says at the end of his descriptive agony.

Make hast to help me, O Lord, my salvation!

I tell Caleb that the exclamation point means he needs to yell it to the Lord. Help Me O Lord! and he has been. Caleb sees me fall short as a mother all the time. I try to always repent in front of him so he knows that I rely on the Lord. I want him to see that I cannot do it on my own and that all of us are ready to fall at any given moment.

I try to guard my life and when I ask God to take control of my tongue He does just that. Because as in James 3, we see just the power that the tongue can have over us.....

2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body. 3 Indeed, we put bits in horses’ mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body. 4 Look also at ships: although they are so large and are driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever the pilot desires. 5 Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things.
See how great a forest a little fire kindles! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

The tongue has the ability to defile our whole body or by being under God's control we can be perfect. Wow is that possible?......it must be but I have not accomplished it. But I press on toward the prize that is before me!

Thank you Lord for what you are doing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed