Psalm 40~ Day 1!

Psalm 40:1-5

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the LORD.

4 Blessed is that man who makes the LORD his trust,
And does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5 Many, O LORD my God, are Your wonderful works
Which You have done;
And Your thoughts toward us
Cannot be recounted to You in order;
If I would declare and speak of them,
They are more than can be numbered.



I was reading this out loud to Elijah yesterday and it hit me like a ton of bricks. This indeed has been my Psalm.

I waited patiently for the Lord for the salvation of my husband which just recently happened this past October!

The amazing thing is that I have prayed for this for 18 years. When I met Shannon I was not choosing to walk with the Lord however, I never turned my back on His truth. I knew that I was making my decision apart from His word but I just so desperately needed to be loved.

Can I tell you that God is soooo faithful! Right before Elijah was to turn 12 I was talking to the Lord about Shannon and I said, "I really don't want to have to do this alone when Elijah is a teenager........." Little did I know what lay ahead!

There was an event, IWT, in the area that we were made aware of and we had been going to church together as a family. Impact World Tour brings extreme athletes and dancers etc. into large venues and after they perform they share the gospel. Shannon said, " I want to take Elijah, just Elijah." I then told Elijah, "This could be it! We really need to pray that God prepare Daddy's heart."

When they returned home I was knocked out of the water! This is a man who when I first started talking about God confessed to be an atheist! Can I tell you that the Lord heard my cry!

Truly the Lord has put a new song in my mouth!

Many, Oh Lord my God, are Your wonderful works which you have done! This was a scripture that I stood on for Shannon's salvation!

Awesome!

And Your thoughts toward us
Cannot be recounted to You in order;
If I would declare and speak of them,
They are more than can be numbered.
Thank you Lord Jesus!

I realize as I share this testimony that not only has He put a new song in my mouth---- but many have indeed seen it and are trusting the Lord as a result!

Your word is truth and life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed