Isaiah 12

The Lord has been having me read Isaiah and I am amazed at what He has been speaking and revealing to me and what He provides in His word.

Not very long ago I was going through a drought in my spiritual life and although I knew I should read my bible the desire was not there.

In my complacency I asked God to give me a hunger and thirst for His word. I am utterly amazed at what God has done and the degree to which He has answered and is continuing to answer this prayer.

The beginning of my walk with the LORD was when my mother was Catholic. During that time I lived under much condemnation from the enemy for not going to confession and/or not praying...... never really for reading the word of God strangely enough.

The spirit of God poured out on many Catholic believers during the time I was a little girl and we were amazed that as we sought intimacy with the Lord God of Heaven, He showed up in miraculous proportions. This was hugely fundamental to my development as a Christ follower.

I do not want to read the word of God out of obligation. He does not want us to come to him from that place either. He longs for us to run to His word in an earnest way, seeking His presence and truth whole heatedly.

I am so refreshed that my God heard my cry and I am drawn to His word like a refreshing stream. No longer am I going through a drought but on the contrary I feel as though the flood gates of heaven have been opened! Praise you Jesus Christ! Great things you have done!

Isaiah 12

1 And in that day you will say:

“ O LORD, I will praise You;
Though You were angry with me,
Your anger is turned away, and You comfort me.
2 Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;

‘ For YAH, the LORD, is my strength and song;
He also has become my salvation.’”
3 Therefore with joy you will draw water
From the wells of salvation.

4 And in that day you will say:

Praise the LORD, call upon His name;
Declare His deeds among the peoples,
Make mention that His name is exalted.
5 Sing to the LORD,
For He has done excellent things;
This is known in all the earth.
6 Cry out and shout, O inhabitant of Zion,
For great is the Holy One of Israel in your midst!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed