Psalm 103

1 Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me,
bless His holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with
lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
I have been completely redeemed from a life of destruction! He has crowned me with lovingkindness and tender mercies and is satisfing me with good things! My youth has been renewed and I feel as though I am on the wings of an eagle! Halleliujiah! I love and bless your name LORD God Almighty maker of heaven and earth..... To you be the glory!
When my oldest son was about five years old I was listening to Focus on the Family as I drove to school. There is such significance to this day as I share right now that I remember exactly where I was on the road as I sought the LORD.
On that day Dr. Dobson had a guest on his show. Dennis Rainey and his wife Barbara were sharing about Passport to Purity, a purity curriculum that they had developed to discuss with your child over the course of a secludded weekend why God has called us to a life of purity before marriage and how we need to express that expectation to our children and not just assume that they are going to take on the world's philosophy about sex and relationships.
As I listened intently my heart was so pricked that I began to pray. I told the LORD that I wanted to do that with Elijah. The only problem was that the curriculum had been developed so that fathers and sons and mothers and daughters were to pair up and take a weekend away to go through a variety of scenerious and hands on demonstrations about the word of God and why without it we would be lost to the world when it comes to having the strength to fulfill this calling as a young man or young women in the LORD.
I took a minute to express to my LORD that I would love for Shannon to participate in this endeavor. I was somewhat discouraged as I could not possible conceive how my husband would agree to this when #1 he was not saved and #2 we had not made that decision in our lives as young people. He had never even been taught the idea of abstainance.
Abstainance was a foreign concept to him and because we did not abstain I could not see Shannon agreeing to teach Elijahh along those lines. However, I knew that my God could do a miracle and so I asked............ Well can I tell you he answered!!!!!
In October of 2007 I was talking with the LORD and I conveyed to Him that as Elijah's 12th birtday was soon to arrive, I did not want to raise a teenager without my husband in the LORD. I declared his salvation around mid-October at a women'a prayer and Night of Declaration at my new church and by the end of October Shannon had given his heart to Jesus Christ!!!!!
It was awesome! He had taken Elijah to an event that Impact World Tour puts on in communities to highlight some amazing talent and then they use the opportunity to give the salvation message. Elijah asked Shannon if he wanted to go up and give his heart to the LORD not once, not twice but THREE times! Hallelijiah! The third time was a charm! It was amazing to see their faces and embrace on that night they came home.
This little boy who had been praying for his daddy's salvation since he was two now had the opportunity to celebrate with the angels as he accepted Jesus Christ as his LORD and Saviour! Wow!!!! Amazing cannot even describe what has transpired since that time about 9 months ago.
One evening I was at a friend's house for a meeting and he began to share that his wife and he had just completed the passport to purity curriculum with Elijah's best friend. Another man and I started to ask questions and before I knew what was happening my friend had brought up a case of kits with all the books and CD's neccessary to complete the weekend with your preteen.
I asked them to pray that Shannon would be receptive to doing this with Elijah and I went home.
To my wonder and amazement Shannon showed no hesitation as he commited to working through this program with our son. Can I just say God you are a Mighty God! You are faithful and merciful in all things! I praise your Holy name as it is above every name!
So as I type this Shannon is camping with Elijah and working throught scripture and God's call to purity for our first born's life! I am in awe to say the least. Isn't He a good God?
Give Him praises and thanks today for what He is doing and what He has done and what He will do!
Bless His Holy Name!

Comments

  1. love this post! :) What an awesome testimony of God's saving grace and the beauty of restoration. I am so happy for you and enjoying watching what God is doing in your life and in your family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed