Fear

Lately, I have been really trying to weed out anything that would hinder me from doing what God is instructing me to do. Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom however all other fear is a deceptive tool of our enemy.

Think about it. If your enemy can keep you fearful (and not just blatant fear but underlying "normal" or "healthy" fear) then he can keep God's people from stepping out of their comfort zone.

Here is an example from this summer. I was in the thrift store shopping and I was by myself. This women that worked their started to wring her hands and audibly express her pain. It was very obvious to me. God prompted me to pray for her. I did not listen because I was fearful. Was I afraid for my life? No. What was I afraid of? The enemy convinced me that I would appear stupid or she would not receive my attempt to pray or that my prayer would not be answered immediately.

Doesn't God's word say that a prayer done in faith can bring healing?! What did I really have to lose? Not my life but my PRIDE got in the way of what God was instructing me do.

Proverbs 11:2

2 When pride comes, then comes shame;
But with the humble is wisdom.

God has been shining His light on those areas in my heart where fear resides and some of them are very deeply rooted as well as appear to be minute in their presence but when those tiny roots have the ability to manipulate or control your actions they need to be eradicated no matter how insignificant they may seem.

I am not living under any condemnation for my choice that day however, I am asking God to weed out all fear. I do not want to be hindered in my ability to serve Him.

~Psalm 56~

1 Be merciful to me, O God, for man would swallow me up;
Fighting all day he oppresses me.
2 My enemies would hound me all day,
For there are many who fight against me, O Most High.

3 Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in You.
4 In God (I will praise His word),
In God I have put my trust;
I will not fear.
What can flesh do to me?

5 All day they twist my words;
All their thoughts are against me for evil.
6 They gather together,
They hide, they mark my steps,
When they lie in wait for my life.
7 Shall they escape by iniquity?
In anger cast down the peoples, O God!

8 You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?
9 When I cry out to You,
Then my enemies will turn back;
This I know, because God is for me.
10 In God (I will praise His word),
In the LORD (I will praise His word),
11 In God I have put my trust;
I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?

Comments

  1. I have been studying fear as well! For other reasons, I have realized that fear is something I need God's help in. Thanks for sharing your verses. I am preparing a blog on it as well. God has shown me some amazing scriptures to encourage us to trust Him and not fear what man can do. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed