A Post from my friend.....................

I was thinking about tomatoes this morning. It seems that everywhere I turn right now, there is someone giving away tomatoes. Then I was thinking about someone who has a couple of tomato plants, but they are still green. He doesn't think they are going to turn and even if they do, he isn't sure they are going to be good. Its because he planted the seeds, but then wasn't around to water and take care of them during the growing season. Now, at harvest time, there won't be a harvest, or at most a very sparse one. It could have been wonderful.
This makes me think of a couple of things. First of all, I am so thankful that when God plants seeds in us, He takes the time to develop and grow them into a beautiful harvest. He never leaves us alone. He is with us every step of the way giving us exactly what we need! He cares enough to make sure His carefully planted seeds will mature into the wonderful people He created us to be! How awesome is He that He cares that much about us!
Second, I am reminded that just as soon as we finish one season, we move onto the next in a continuous cycle. This is something we are all aware of, but we tend to forget when we are in the waiting season. The seeds have been planted in the dark ground and it can be several weeks before we see anything happen on the surface. This hit me this morning. I feel like I have just come through a wonderful harvest season with a friend. I have seen some amazing things God has done in the last month. Then I realized there were a few more seeds planted in that person in the last few weeks. This morning I was wondering why I haven't seen any changes recently. Its because I am in that time when God is working below the surface. He is preparing the seed to spring open to something new. I am anxiously awaiting to see God's work in this situation! Its so much easier to hope and wait when you realize which season you are in!
31He told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. 32Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in its branches."
I am waiting to see my friend and others turn into these great trees. This then brings me to another verse about a mustard seed. I have leaned on this one several times over the last few months. I have seen God move mountains! It just takes a little faith, patience and a watchful eye! Nothing is too hard for God!
20He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
God is so awesome! Over the last couple of days, I haven't felt like God has spoken anything specific to me. I have spent lots of time in prayer, but not too much time in the Word. Last night I picked up my Bible and God spoke! Then today, as soon as I opened the Word, everything is jumping out at me! Its amazing. I could go on forever today!
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed