Amazement

I have been continually and utterly amazed at how God answers our prayers.  He is such an active, living and personal God!

My husband and I have been praying about our communication and as we do that we have had to deal with much pride and misunderstanding.

Do not doubt for a minute that the enemy of your soul hates unity in marriage and he will either try to twist what each person says or distort it before it gets to the other persons ear.  How do I know?  I have been a witness to this in my marriage on a continual basis.

NO LONGER!  God is so faithful and in the past two weeks my husband and I have really sought after God in this area.  What have I seen happen?

Well I see us both immediately self analyze how we say things and instantly correct them as to not bring division and contention.  Only God Almighty can change people who have been in a relationship for 18 years.  Old things are past away all things are made new!

God spoke very specifically about reading Ephesians.  Here is what we read together this morning about Unity:

 1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. 

Peace is key to unity.  If we are to walk in Unity we need to seek after the peace of God and let nothing disrupt it and this takes purposing in our hearts and minds to bring every word and thought under submission to the Lord Jesus Christ.  I WANT GRACE in my marriage!  When you are submitted to God and give up your right to be right, He will honor you and the devil will flee from you!

5 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for

     “ God resists the proud,
      But gives grace to the humble.”
(1 Peter 5:5, New King James Version)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed