Another Post via my dear friend!

I realized the other day that I was feeling a little down.  Not really depressed, but just not myself.  It was a little gray, cold and drizzly outside and it would have been a great day to stay in bed.  I managed to get to work, but I just wasn't upbeat like usual.  After some time in prayer, I remembered that if I stay in that state of mind, the devil will take advantage.  He loves when our attitudes are even just a little out of line.  I couldn't quite figure out why I felt the way I did.  I just knew I didn't want to stay that way. 

John 14:16 (Amplified Bible)16And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever--

I read this verse and remembered that whatever I was feeling, God is bigger!  These are a few of His names.  No matter what I was facing that day, one of these characteristics of God was the answer.  It was interesting that as the day went on, I needed him in different ways.  God is so good!  He knows exactly what we need and He always provides at exactly the right time!

From me....
God is interceeding on our behalf.  Jesus sits at the right hand of God making intercession for us!  Can you believe that?!?
Romans 8:26 
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. (Romans 8:26, New King James Version)

Romans 8:27

27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
(Romans 8:27, New King James Version)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

Bitterness Produces a Life of Its Own

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed