A Post from my dear friend......

I am in a place where God has moved and ordered some things in my life.  I am waiting for Him to work out a few more details in a situation.  I know there is nothing I can do during this time - except to trust Him!  Last Sunday the Pastor spoke about having a right relationship and sometimes that means waiting for God to work it out.  He spoke from Ruth. 

Ruth 3:18 (NIV)18 Then Naomi said, "Wait, my daughter, until you find out what happens. For the man will not rest until the matter is settled today." 

This really hit me.  I need to "wait", but the problem is that waiting is not something I do well.  So, I asked God if there is anything I can do in the mean time.  This verse came to me a day later:

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV) 16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I love this.  Just a couple of months ago, I found my self at a different waiting point in the same situation.  At that time, God gave me Romans 12:12 (NIV)

"12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." 

These verses sound pretty similar.  Its pretty clear that when we find ourselves waiting for God to work out our siturations, we should pray, be joyful and thankful, and trust Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed