The benefits of this fast have already been obvious.  One of the things I was praying for was that God would remove any and all pride from me.  I do not ever want to give satan an opportunity to make a mockery of what God is doing in my life.  I have realized over the years that pride is the single most destructive tool of the enemy that defiles the effective ministry of Jesus Christ.

I not only want to be found faithful I want to be effective in all that I do for the Lord.  As I see the hand of God move in profound ways through prayer and fasting the enemy comes knocking and tries to tempt me to share the glory with the Lord.  God has been so gracious to me in protecting me from this temptation but I realize that no one is above the temptation of pride and for this purpose I fasted and prayed.

Proverbs 29
eOne's pride will bring him low,
fbut he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor.

I want nothing more than to obtain honor for God and His kingdom.  I also have a great desire to see the prince of the power of the air to be brought low and put to shame through my life.

Behold, nthe day of the Lord comes,
cruel, with wrath and fierce anger,
to make the land a desolation
and rto destroy its sinners from it.
10 sFor the stars of the heavens and their constellations
will not give their light;
tthe sun will be dark at its rising,
and the moon will not shed its light.
11 I will punish uthe world for its evil,
and the wicked for their iniquity;
I will vput an end to the pomp of the arrogant,
wand lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless.
12 I will make xpeople more rare than fine gold,
and mankind than the ygold of Ophir.
13 Therefore zI will make the heavens tremble,
and the earth will be shaken out of its place,
at the wrath of the Lord of hosts
in the day of his fierce anger.
14 And like a hunted gazelle,
or like sheep with none to gather them,
aeach will turn to his own people,
and each will flee to his own land.
15 Whoever is found will be thrust through,
and whoever is caught will fall by the sword.
16 bTheir infants will be dashed in pieces
before their eyes;
their houses will be plundered
and their wives ravished.

27 and xgive no opportunity to the devil. 28 Let the thief no longer steal, but rather ylet him labor, zdoing honest work with his own hands, so athat he may have something to share with anyone in need. 29 bLet no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give cgrace to those who hear. 30 And ddo not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, eby whom you were sealed for the day of fredemption.

God promises that when we humble ourselves He will exalt us and that is just what He has been doing in my life in the past couple of days.  He was bragging about me in front of an entire congregation and although I felt a little uncomfortable I knew what He was doing and I accepted His honor because I know that when He does it it is the perfect way to keep me from pride but to show others that He has honored me in a distinct way.

  I had another situation where a friend was sharing with me how some of her family members were leary of some of the things that I did and said.  She told me that my accusers came to accuse me and they could not find any fault and now her family  knows that I have found favor with God and with man!   I am so excited because this is what happened to Daniel too!   I love how He encourages me through relationships!  You are wonderful Lord I love YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel 6
Then this Daniel became tdistinguished above all sthe other high officials and rsatraps, because uan excellent spirit was in him. And the king planned vto set him over the whole kingdom. Then sthe high officials and rthe satraps wsought to find a ground for complaint against Daniel with regard to the kingdom, xbut they could find no ground for complaint or any fault, because he was faithful, xand no error or fault was found in him. Then these men said, “We shall not find any ground for complaint against this Daniel unless we find it in connection with the law of his God.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed