Even when the storm is raging I am encouraged and filled with hope!

The Lord is teaching me that many times after an intense time of fasting and prayer the enemy tries to come in like a flood.  But I love that the Lord raises up a standard against him.  If we can keep our eyes open to the tactics of our enemy, the devil, then we will have an advantage when the battle starts raging around us.

Two of the biggest tools of the enemy against God's people are distraction and discouragement.  So I guard my heart and my mind and measure everything that happens in the natural against the light of His truth.  Yesterday the enemy reared his ugly head through my oldest son and for a moment I was fearful and the Lord quickly reminded me to trust Him.  I vocalize out loud that I trust Him and then I begin to battle on behalf of my children because I recognize the devil seeks to kill, steal and destroy everything that God has planned for their lives.  He also desires to sift them as wheat.  That word sift comes from the greek word siniazo which means to shake in a sieve by inward agitation to try one's faith to the verge of overthrow.

So I lift my child to the Lord and place him on the alter of God's heart and relinquish my control over his life so that God can do what He would do and I do not get in His way.  I recognize more clearly than ever before that there is a battle raging around my family for their lives and I stand firm in the promises and provision over our lives established through God's word.  I read aloud and come into agreement over my children's lives and resist the devil and he must flee!

So here is the word that the Lord spoke to me about my children today and He wants me to pray this over their lives.

Zechariah 9:14-17

The Lord Will Save His People

14 Then the Lord will appear over them,
and ohis arrow will go forth like lightning;
pthe Lord God will sound the trumpet
and will march forth in qthe whirlwinds rof the south.
15 The Lord of hosts swill protect them,
and tthey shall devour, uand tread down the sling stones,
and vthey shall drink and roar as if drunk with wine,
and be full like a bowl,
drenched wlike the corners of the altar.
16 On that day the Lord their God will save them,
as xthe flock of his people;
for ylike the jewels of a crown
they shall shine on his land.
17 zFor how great is his goodness, and how great his beauty!
aGrain shall make the young men flourish,
and new wine the young women.

I am so encouraged by the strength, might and jealousy of my God!  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed