Early Rains



I have been working in my gardens earlier than usual this season and every time I am digging in the dirt the Lord begins to talk to me about our hearts.  Our hearts are a garden where the Lord, just like with Adam and Eve, longs to meet with us and to walk and talk with us.  

He is so good to me as I walk and talk with Him in my actual garden.  He conveys to me so many truths by His word.

The early rains of spring are vitally important to the future growth and production of a garden.  This deep drenching, saturation causes dormant roots of perennials to expand and produce the beauty and splendor of the secret flowers whose potential energy has been stored there for such a time as this.



Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. 

See how the farmer waits for the 

precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, 

until it receives the early and the late rains. 

You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, 

for the coming of the Lord is at hand. 



I appreciate the waiting in gardening.  I look forward to the precious fruit that will come to life as I tenderly care for my plants.  I eagerly check each and every day to see the new sprouts and and look for signs of life in the seed beds where I have planted my most precious seeds that I long to see germinating and springing to life.

This is how He looks at us each and every day.   He delights in us.  Zephaniah 3:17 says:  

The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing

I am reminded that I need to be patient with the work that God is establishing in my own heart.  It takes time.  He is preparing me for His return and it is He who sends the drenching, saturating, refreshing rains of spring to ensure that I am deeply rooted in Him and His word.  

The early rains are vitally important for the production of fruit in my life.  I continually need to be saturated by His Spirit in order to grow and flourish and blossom into the woman that God has called me to be.  

He who began a good work will see it through to completion!  Thank you Father for patiently waiting and watching and providing all that  I need to produce precious fruit in my life.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed