The God Who Sees Me

As I lay in bed early this morning, I listened to all the birds singing their praises to the Maker, I prayed and asked the Lord what He would have me write about today.

I got up and proceeded to open the front door to walk into my garden when an American Kestrel swooped right down in front of me and quickly flew off into the distance.

I stood in awe of God once again as we have a special continual conversation that has to do with Falcons.

As a little girl I loved to be outdoors.  From morning to night I would go on animal hunting adventures.  I was not one of those little girls who loved to curl up on their bed and read for hours.  As a matter of fact I hated to read.  Until the day that I started reading My Side of the Mountain by  Jean Craighead George

I dreamed of running away and living off the land like Sam Gribley and having a pet falcon that would hunt for my food and be my best friend.

The first time I saw a falcon in my area I had asked the Lord for something that would encourage me so that I knew He was with me.  I told Him that I knew He is always with me but because of my own inability to see Him I wanted some evidence that He heard me.  I knew through His word that He is always with me but some days I just need encouragement.

I was on my way to piano lessons with my boys and as I was preparing to turn, as if in slow motion, a falcon swooped right in front of my window with such grace and fluidity I immediately knew the Lord was speaking to me!  I shouted for joy declaring His faithfulness to my silly request and from that time on I continue to have these close encounters with falcons.  

This morning after seeing the Kestrel pass by me I knew God was reminding me that He indeed was answering my request about what to write today.

Your Sorrow Will Turn into Joy

16 “A little while, and you will see me no longer; and again a little while, and you will see me.” 17 So some of his disciples said to one another, “What is this that he says to us, ‘A little while, and you will not see me, and again a little while, and you will see me’; and, ‘because I am going to the Father’?” 18 So they were saying, “What does he mean by ‘a little while’We do not know what he is talking about.”19 Jesus knew that they wanted to ask him, so he said to them, “Is this what you are asking yourselves, what I meant by saying, ‘A little while and you will not see me, and again a little while and you will see me’? 

 Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy. 

21 When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.22 So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. 23 In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

I thought back to the joy of the bird's song in the wee morning hours and then I thought about how falcons hunt and devour other birds.  That falcon may have been watching and waiting for a little bird during sunrise and in one fell swoop had the ability to quiet his song. 
The enemy waits in the darkness for an opportunity to descend on us and cause our song to be silenced.  We must remind ourselves continually that the joy of the Lord is our strength.  

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

It isn't always easy to maintain our joy but as Haggar saw in her time of desperate need, God revealed himself as the God who sees.  God listened to her in her affliction as she fled from her mistress Sarai and although she was fearful about her future, He sent an angel to encourage her and to speak to her so that she knew He could see what she was going through.

The Lord is always watching.  He sees your need.  He will comfort you in your affliction.

Matthew 10:29-31

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

God's eye is on the sparrow just like the falcon, He can see you very clearly and He knows what you are going through and what we will have to endure but he assures us that He will turn our sorrow into joy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed