Life 'Springs' from Death



As the dormancy of winter is infiltrated by new growth and the hibernating life within, I can't help but think upon the truth of the gospel that from death life "springs".

I just lost both my Grandfather and Father so death has been an apparent reality in my life as of late.  Through this process I am learning to trust the Lord and His Word in an entirely new manner.

I know that He is good and He will do what is right as He is righteous in all His ways.  The grief however, doesn't seem to comply with truth and trust, as it appears out of nowhere like an invasive storm or intrusive wave that unexpectedly crashes onto the beach of my heart.  A beach where I was just sitting and trying to enjoy the view of life.

This morning I felt the presence of the Lord in His creation as I heard the birds singing before the dawn of the sun.

I read the priestly blessing:

Then the LORD said to Moses, 
"Tell Aaron and his sons to bless the people of Israel with this special blessing:

'May the LORD bless you
and protect you.
May the LORD smile on you
and be gracious to you.
May the LORD show you his favor 
and give you his peace.'
I sense the LORD smiling on me this morning and I feel His peace as I observe new life spring forth in the midst of the death of the previous season.  

I am filled with hope that joy comes in the morning and that God's promises towards His people are yes and amen.

On Sunday one of our congregational readings was from Isaiah 40 and it encouraged my weary heart.

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the LORD, 
the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired.
His understanding is inscrutable.
He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might 
He increases power.
Though youths grow weary
and tired,
And vigorous young men
stumble badly,
Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with 
wings like eagles, 
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not
become weary.

So today I revel in my life that is hidden in Christ where as I wait on Him I find blessing,grace, peace, favor and strength for the season of life that I am in right now.  I praise Him for the life that is birthed through death.

I feel the warmth of His smile on me as I rise into a life in Him out of the ashes of death.  

For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed