Do You Have An Insattiable Appetite for the Word?



"Babies need their milk or they will die.  They are pretty inflexible when it comes to being fed!"

                                                                                                                              ~Rande Greene

1Peter 2:2

Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation.  Cry out for this nourishment, 

One summer while visiting family in Iowa, my mom came back from a friend's house with a baby robin that had fallen out of its nest in a wind storm.  It had nary a feather in sight except for some fuzz sticking off the top of its head.  It's eyes were closed so my mom knew that there was no way that it would survive without a mother's care.

So I began to feed it and care for it.  This little bird was quite demanding as he required regular feedings every 30 minutes.  He had a seemingly insatiable appetite as my son and I resolved to see this little baby bird through to maturity.

Much like the care from our heavenly Father's sovereign hand, we too must rely on His Word as the milk for our spiritual growth and development.  Outside of true nourishment one will become stunted in their growth and perhaps even die spiritually.

God's Word informs us of God's will.  

God's word is our life line.  

God's word reveals His wisdom.

How then can we go without this vital life source as we traverse through life.

My baby bird was quite demanding as he grew and at one point we had to make a trip out of town so we packed him in a little picnic basket and took him with us because he was still dependent on regular feedings from my hand.

While visiting family we released him over a creek during the day and each hour I would return and give my distinct call for him and he would fly to my finger and enjoy the food that I had prepared for him.

We must be like this little bird, which took advantage of what I had prepared for him to eat.  God has prepared a banquet table for us to partake in each and every day so that we too can feed intermittantly in order to grow up into salvation.

Amazingly, when it was time to return home I gave a familiar whistle and my bird returned to my care so that we could drive home but upon returning the very next morning he did not respond to my call.  I found great satisfaction and pleasure in raising him to maturity.

God takes delight over us and cares for us as we read His word.  We must avail ourselves to His sovereign hand over our lives, feeding us spiritually through His word each and every day.  It is His desire that we grow up into spiritual maturity.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed