Consistancy

This year I have really prayed that God help me to be consistent.

Consistent in my work, consistent in my parenting, consistent in my prayer life and consistent in my bible study.

He has shown me some specific things about my parenting through the book, Have a new kid by Friday. While reading this God made me aware of the areas where I was inconsistent. I am a discipline oriented parent and expect my kids to obey me the first time. My expectations may have been there but I realized that I did not always follow through with them.

Once I implemented the clear plan from this book I saw my children in a matter of a week become, obedient, gracious and loving. My four year old stopped protesting every request because he realized quickly that I was operating in a consistent fashion. He of all my boys is very rules oriented and can see inconsistencies readily. It was he that showed an amazing turn around.

I am no longer stressed by how my children are behaving because they are compliant (for the most part.... they are still kids) and answer me with a willing "Yes Ma'am". God is soooo Faithful.

Consistency has not been my forte. I joke that the only things I do consistently are brush my teeth and sleep. I am expecting God to change that in me and I have seen His work.

I try to remember to pray for Godly wisdom each day because I need it. Here is what James says about Godly wisdom:

James 3:17-18 (New King James Version)

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

This is how I want to parent my children!

Verse 18 from the Complete Jewish Bible reads:

And peace makers who sow seeds in peace raise a harvest of righteousness!

God spoke very clearly through this to me. "If you want to raise righteous boys, then you need to be a sower of peace."

So today I will not only work in my garden sowing seeds to harvest for our meals but more importantly I have the opportunity to sow peace into my boys because God has equipped me with some specific parenting tools to ensure my success.

Thank you Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed