Remember!

All week God has put in front of my face people (at least 4) that have acknowledged the need to remember what He has done in our lives. As I have shared my life's history and where the LORD has brought me from I am compelled to share.

God is speaking and He is saying as he has said in the past, "Remember what I have done and remember what I have promised."

My mom was promised that her son Wade would come to know Jesus Christ as LORD and Savior and would live a life serving HIM! I spoke with her last week about things that God had specifically spoken to her about her children's lives. We were amazed to discover what God had said about me has come to pass in so many ways.

This served as an encouragement to us as we talked about that we cannot go by what the situation looks like at this moment but we need to look to the promises that He has promised as well as revisit those things that God has done that are amazing!

I clung to God's word for my husband's salvation and to this particular scripture for 10 years.

2 Peter 3:9 (New King James Version)

9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.


I declared Shannon's salvation mid- October of 2008 and reminded my God of His promise to me. October 30th my husband gave his life to Jesus Christ!!!!! Coincidence? I know not!

The weeks to follow were focused on missions and do you know that II Peter 3:9 was the scripture for the entire month! When I saw this on the banner in front of the alter at my new church I was brought to tears.

My God had fulfilled His promise to me. Tears well as I type this...... He is such a faithful God!

1 Chronicles 16:11-13 (New King James Version)

11 Seek the LORD and His strength;
Seek His face evermore!

12 Remember His marvelous works which He has done,
His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth,

13 O seed of Israel His servant,
You children of Jacob, His chosen ones!

In the past nine months so many promises from the LORD have been fulfilled in my life. I am in awe! I am compelled to start a pile of rocks with my children as a visual reminder and prompt of all the specific things God has done. As new things arise then we will add another stone. I want to take time to choose a stone and study it and make an association with it's attributes so that I can recall instantly the specific thing that God has done. The first stone is going to be Shannon's salvation!

In Joshua 4 the children of Isreal were called to make a pile of 12 stones so that when their children asked what is signified they could testify that God again had parted the waters before them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed