Day 17 of a 21 Day fast

The Lord reminded me today that although we feel weak during our fast that the opposite is true as we press in and pray because in our weakness He is strong and as we humble ourselves in prayer and fasting He looks upon us with intent eyes and He leans in to hear what we are saying.

From the very first day of our fast He has heard us and although we feel powerless our prayers are power-packed.  I have seen such great turmoil as well as great breakthrough in a few of the people that I have been praying for during this fast.  I am so encouraged and reminded that while fasting the enemy would like you to get distracted by your physical state (frankly my clothes are hanging) or the turbulence that is kicked up in the spirit realm as a result of our fasting and pressing in to the Lord with resolution and perseverance.  I have encountered much warfare in my home through this fast and the Lord will have me go and get on my knees and pray and He has been keeping me focused on the task and not getting wrapped up in the emotions that are trying to pervade my environment.

I want my time during this fast to be effective and have lasting fruit so I bring my will and my emotions and my body into subjection to Christ.  I crucify my flesh that He might live in and through me.  I do not want my efforts to be in vain.  I want to run the race before me with integrity, diligence and perseverance.  I don't want to be disqualified after preaching to others so LORD HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives sthe prize? So trun that you may obtain it. 25 Every uathlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we van imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I wdo not box as one xbeating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and ykeep it under control,2 lest after preaching to others zI myself should be adisqualified.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Psalm 125

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed